Alcohol: Alcoholic beverages are permitted on the show grounds, however glass containers are discouraged. Security personnel reserve the right to remove anyone from the premise for drunk or disorderly conduct or who pose a risk to others. Pennsylvania does not permit alcohol sales in convenience stores. Beer and malt beverages may be purchased at local taverns and some grocery stores, limited to 192 ounces per purchase. Beer may also be purchased through Beer Distributors by the 12-pack or case only. Wine and liquor may only be purchased through state run Wine & Spirits shops.
Animal Policy: animals are discouraged on the fairgrounds. If you must bring a pet, please keep it on a leash and under control at all times. Animals should never be left unattended, particularly inside a vehicle. It is your responsibility to clean up after your pet. Please help us maintain a sanitary environment for all attendees.
For Sale Signs and Parts Sales: Carlisle Events specifies that vehicles and parts on the show field cannot display a for sale sign. Any vehicle for sale must be parked in the Car Corral area and pay appropriate fees. Parts or other merchandise must be sold through a rented vendor space in the swap meet area. This rule does not apply to club regalia merchandise.
Friday Evening Cookout: Central Penn SAAB Club will provide the grill, condiments and soft drinks for the cookout. Please bring along something to grill for your own dinner, and also a utensil to use while grilling (tongs, spatula, etc.).
What to Bring
This event is an outdoor, rain or shine event, so a little preparation can make all the difference in your personal comfort and enjoying the weekend.
- Suitable clothing for every possible weather condition. The rule at Carlisle is that the clothing you do not pack will be exactly what you will need, as weather can vary drastically this time of year. Think in terms of layering light clothes and you should be fine. It is not unusual to see 40 degree temperature swings. Carlisle is one of those places on Earth where you can get a sunburn and hypothermia in the same weekend!
- Comfortable shoes (or an extra pair if the first ones get wet)
- Waterproof shoes/boots
- Warm jacket (just in case)
- Shorts (for those times when you don’t need the jacket)
- Sweater, Sweatshirt, Hoodie (or one of each)
- Rain gear, umbrella, poncho, rain slicker, rain suit (just in case)
- Comfortable folding/lawn chair. ( a small folding table is nice to have, too)
- Cooler and your favorite beverage(s). [See Alcohol note.]
- Wash bucket and car detailing supplies: there are several water hoses available near the main restroom building adjacent to Gate 3 for use by show attendees.
- For Campers: bath towel, shower kit (restrooms/showers are open 24 hours during show)
- Camera or camcorder (with extra batteries, digital cards, charger).
- Sunglasses and sunblock: (you may need these when it isn’t overcast or raining)
- Cell phone chargers (check with us for a charging station)
- Extra cash/credit card/check book for that special SAAB part or accessory. Carlisle Events has an ATM on premises, as well as cash advances for credit cards.
- Friday Night Dinner – see above.
- Photos of the SAABs you didn’t bring with you, along with your favorite SAAB story. (always fun to share)
- Photos of any cars/parts you may have for sale. (Always helpful if you run into a potential buyer)
- YOUR REGISTRATION CREDENTIALS, including windshield stickers and anything mentioned at the top of this page.
Don't forget to bring a new, unwrapped toy for Toys For Tots!